1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by takuel, Jan 21, 2011.

1. takuel

takuel Junior Member

I've been lurking for a few weeks now trying to figure out what I want to do for a simple setup just to do my driveways, my mom's, and a few neighbors. I don't have a truck at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that I'm looking at getting a used 3/4 ton, maybe a 1/2 ton. The blades I've been looking at are on the light duty side, since it's only a few drives that I will be doing. I've been looking at the Western HTS, Fisher HT, Blizzard 7600LT, Boss Sport-Duty, and the Sno-Way 26 Series. The closest dealer to me with the Western (2 - 3 mins aaway), with the second being the Blizzard, which also does Boss plows.

My questions really are, what are the pros and cons of the blades that I have listed? And which would you recommend?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.