1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello...tire Question

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JIM D, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JIM D

JIM D Junior Member

New To The Site. I Put 285 Bf Goodrich Ko's On My 2500 Hd. I Put In A Timbren Package, And Cranked Up The Front End About An Inch Or So. Truck Will Be Carrying A 7 1/2 Fisher Stainless X-treme V. Have Not Plowed With The Truck Yet, As We Have Not Got Any Snow Since I Purchased The Truck 2 Weeks Ago. Hoping Not To Have Any Tire Rubbing Issues. Anybody Else Running 285's?
    Also, Anybody Know How Much Will Thet Bigger Size Tire Effect Acceleration From A Dead Stop?
    Thanks Guys!!

2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

HAHAHA, you'll see lots of rub, I promise you that. Acceleration? why does it matter? are you drag racing? You shouldnt have much of a difference.
    I hope to be posting updates pics soon of my truck and you'll see Im running the same tire and almost the same plow (8').
    James

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I had 285 BFG'S on my 93" half ton last year (torsions turned up and timbrens) and never had a problem, you have a 2500 you should be fine, good luck plowing.