1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello Plow Site! New Guy To The Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sn95vert, Nov 15, 2009.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Hey Guys and Gals!

My name is Tom. Just signed up to Plow Site and wanted to say hello to everyone.I been owning trucks since i was 16(22 now). Me and and my brother do plowing together and my dad is going to start this year with us.. My brother Rob is a mechanic at a local Ford dealer and knows almost everything there is about Ford Cars/trucks. If you guys have any mechanical questions, feel free to pm me or email me (sn95vert@yahoo.com)

I own Janowski Snow Removal in Central CT. I been plowing for a few years and decided to start my own business. I have a 94 F150 XL with a 7 1/2 Western plow. We deal with mostly residential and have a few commercial properties. I recently bought a 96 f150 with a 4 inch lift and was wondering if I would have any issues if I put a plow on it (steering,suspension, etc.) I heard people saying I would rip up people driveways and mess up the front end of my truck and need to spend a bunch of money in the spring time. Was just wondering if this is true or not.. Also, what do you guys usually do to prepare for plowing? Any help would greatly be appreciated..
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome Tom
    The "search" button is your friend.
    Lifted trucks will work for plowing. The operator of the equipment is what keeps things from getting torn up.
    Don't blame the equipment for damage.
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

welcome to plowsite. just a heads up, everyone well give you a hard time about doing searches, but you can't use the search until you post a certain amount of times.
  5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to the PlowSite family Tom. And my superduty is lifted 4.5" and it plows fine.
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to PS.
  7. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Thanks guys!

I mounted the western on the 96 today and just have to install a new starter for the pump but it should be good to go. Doing ball joints, tire rods, pitman arm, clutch, putting in another transfer case and run new brake lines this week.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  8. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

F250- I was searching some forums and stumbled upon the back rack you built. I was wondering if you still build them. I would definitely be interested in one for the 96. I have UPS 2nd day air from work and could send payment along with shipping papers. You can give me a call if you like. 860-424-7155
  9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I sure could build you one thats not a problem. I will give you a call.
  10. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

welcome, you should have no problem plowing with the truck, had one like that for about 5 years and itr worked fine, good luck