1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello plow gurus have a question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

How much does a 8ft blade cost not exact but ball park I just want to make sure I am getting a good deal!

2. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I've seen used blades in good shape around for about $300. Check classifieds. I know a guy had a western setup minus the mount last year. I think I saved his ad. I had a guy looking for a Western last year but backed out.

3. MLB

MLB Senior Member

not around here

I looked for several months. Anything not pitted to heck was going for 7-800.00

4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

New Or Used?

What type of blade are you talking about? A new one or a used one? John

5. Manx

Manx Senior Member

new 8' western poly pro mounted
    Paid 3,397 last year

6. Craftybigdog

Yeah guys I got a quote of 3550.00 not installed on a curtis quick mount 7 and half ft blade its nice what do you think!

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

What do I think?

I think you should get an 8 footer! 7.5'ers are for 1/2 tons.

Curtis makes a real heavy duty plow. Don't know much about their "A-Frame Mounted" hydraulics, but their overall craftmanship is top notch!

8. Craftybigdog

Hey guys Im getting into this and I like it alot and I was wondering what do you consider or from your past experience to be the best for of advertisement I want to pick up a few more customers thanks for the help!

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

for the small operator:

1. word of mouth
    2. small ad in local/neighborhood shopper
    3. Sign on truck

10. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I think that price is kind of high. I got a 7½ ft Curtis SnowPro 3000 installed in 2000 for about 450 less. OK, that was two years ago, and it wasn't winter