1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hello nose dive. i need a new stance,lift questions.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by woofy315, Aug 26, 2008.

1. woofy315

woofy315 Junior Member
    from iowa

wanna see something cool? nosedive!
    [​IMG]
    its a little better then that currently due to cranked t-bars,but it still sucks and i cant DD the truck around with out taking the plow off in the winter,id like a stance like the 2500hd's. what are my options are far as the best set up for getting my trucks nose off the ground,i'd like to have it a bit aggresive so i can wheel it in the summer. cash isent really a issue right now,ive been saving up for just this project. any help would be awesome, thanks in advance.:drinkup:

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Look into the cognito leveling kit.Do a search for Nor Cal trucks. Hurry thought because Cognito said its raising it's prices soon.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Also consider a heavier set of T-bars to go along with that leveling kit. The 1500's are sprung rather soft for plow duty.

4. woofy315

woofy315 Junior Member
    from iowa

thanks! with the cognito will i need to do a lift block in the rear?

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Timbrens work

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not if you don't want to. Just depends on the stance you want, and how much you actually raise the front.

7. woofy315

woofy315 Junior Member
    from iowa

as high as it will go in the front. what is timbrens?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Search "Timbrens" here in the Chevy forums...you'll have hours of reading. :D

How high it will go is dependent on how much travel you have to work with (from where it is now) in the front. You need to leave some droop travel or it'll grossly affect ride quality. Most 1/2 ton trucks will come up 2" in the front and still have enough gap between the UCA and the droop stop on the frame for a stock like ride quality.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Timbrens are a rubber suspension support system. Look up at the top where all the adds are, its the bottom left. It will say TIMBREN once and a while as that sponsor flips through its products.

10. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Timbrens taken the load on my "fleet"
    Attached Imageshttp://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=59469

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

linky no worky

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

13. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i would go bigger tbars and good shoocks and then possible other stuff. but yes 1500 truck are under spring bad in my opinion these days. to much like family cars.

go to dealer and get the biggest tbars that will fit your truck and install them with the correct tools and set the ride hight and get alignment done.

14. woofy315

woofy315 Junior Member
    from iowa

timbrens sound good,so sweetk30 i can get a 2500hd tbar set up at a chevy dealer? thanks for the help guys.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can fit any T-bars you want. '88-'08 1500,2500,2500HD,3500 T-bars all interchange. One of the beauties of the GM's.

Check your current bar codes to see whats on it now. Can go up in capacity from there.

Many '99-up 1500 e-cabs use the "YH" T-bars. Plenty of room for improvement. :nod:

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What would be the normal code for the bars on a 98 k1500 with the 6200 gvwr? Mine say GH on them.

17. woofy315

woofy315 Junior Member
    from iowa

i'll have to crawl under the nbs tommorow and check the code, could i do ford keys with new tbars?

18. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but timbrens won't do much for front end sag until your suspension dips enough to bring them into contact...they're not so much helper springs as they are enhanced bump stops. I don't have a set myself, but thats the impression I've gotten.

I have the exact same problem as the OP. 2000 nbs 2500, turned the t-bars 3 full turns when I gout the truck a couple years ago, but time and some light plowing have taken their toll and I think its probably time for new t-bars. I would opt for the 2500HD bars myself to increase the front end load capacity when carrying the plow.

Anyone have a ballpark range for a set of t-bars and whatever other parts are commonly required? I found what appears to be a good writeup of the R&R process. Anything missing?

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...keys-torsion-bar-cranking-replacing-tech.html

19. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I got 3500 t-bars on the front of my 00 2500. Cranked the bars four times too. I get barely an inch of drop with a 7.5 poly and wings. That is no timbrens either. Better t-bars and the cognito kit will get it done for you

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There were a few bar selections used on the OBS 1/2 tons similar to yours Mark, and your GH bars are one of them. But they're also one of the heaviest that GM used on a truck under 7200 GVWR (that I'm aware of).

Other common bars were the "GF" and "GG" bars with a capacity of 5826 and 6790 max tq. respectably. And, for example your GH bars are rated higher than both of those, at 7161 max tq.