1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello, new member in Idaho

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by abranz, Feb 3, 2008.

1. abranz

abranz Junior Member
    from Idaho

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading on this site for a couple of months, what an incredible amount of information! We have over 150" of snowfall and my snowbear which I've used for four years gave it up. Honestly not a bad little plow if you realize its limitations and be gentle. It provided good service for 4 years without a problem. Just bought a Fisher RD for my 96 Dodge 2500 and looking forward to using it. Yesterday we shoveled our roof which had 4.5 feet of snow.

Anyway thanks for all the information, great site.
    Anthony
    Wallace, Idaho

2. alleghenypaving

alleghenypaving Member

welcome aboard abranz, keep growing those good potatoes, we use alot of them here in pittsburgh making french fries...:drinkup:

3. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Welcome aboard. Keep sending the snow over this way. :nod: :drinkup:

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite. Send some this way too.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite. :waving:

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to Plowsite Anthony.....Happy reading.

7. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

Welcome to the site. Don't fall off the roof.:nono:

8. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

Anthony,
    "a Fisher RD for my 96 Dodge 2500",
    welcome .......... i'm up here near Priest Lake, ID.
    not many @ plowsite from out here in the inland northwest to touch base with ie. winter wx.
    wonder why you decided on a Fisher brand; is it new?
    :salute: Gpete

9. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

Welcome. Enjoy the site...

10. abranz

abranz Junior Member
    from Idaho

GPete

I called WA Carrage and they did not have a Meyer kit for my dodge so I did some reading on this site. Sounded like people were pleased with Fisher, Boss, and Western. Proceeded to google and came up with a source in IL who was very nice to deal with and the price was significantly less than Spokane ($1600 difference) so I bit. Hope Fisher is a good one. Heck my last plow was very lightweight but I made it last 4 yrs being gentle.
    Great to be a member.
    Anthony In Wallace