1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hello new here.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Jaw, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

ng:

hey every one. new here. I have a Q about snow plowing in a city I was told that need to have snow plow ins.. do any of you have to have ins on your snow plowing co.? tell me about it before I go talk to a ins man and what I need to know to ask about and what not to tell or ask..

I own a 74 dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 gears 4.10 with 400 motor with racing cam in it. have a NorthMan snow plow. I find that northman is not in business at all where can I find parts? my plow is a 7.5 foot. it still in good working order.. right now I am making new mounts on truck for plow hook up so it has a better nice looking.

want to get in some snow plowing business and how much should I be change on how big a parking lot is? I have two tractors that can do some snow plowing one tractor can do a 28 foot 3pt snow plow on back. even on front too

snow Jaw.. Steve.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

3. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

hey GeoffD

Thanks for the web page.. I been looking all over for that.. was not sure but was told it went out.

I will keep it bookmarked..

Thanks alot.
    snowjaw.. steve

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Welcome you need insurance to do anykind of plowing.A 28 foot plow?

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thanks, phillyplowking1. I noticed that too on his post on Elements of Business but let it go after that last fiasco when somebody claimed something like a 14' plow on a 3/4(?) ton. I wondered if maybe he meant two 8' plows.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite :waving:

That Dodge sounds like a pretty stout plow truck,except for the racing cam.

Northman plows are still pretty popular around here,especially with the new truck dealers,as the are pretty cheap.Haven't seen many problems with them though,they seem to hold up as well as anything else.

You need insuarnce for just about anything.It may be easier to get,and substantially cheaper if you just sub for someone else.You may have to shop around,as a lot of companies aren't even writing new policies anymore.

7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

He said a 28' on a three point hitch on a tractor. Welcome to the site you do need ins. to keep yourself out of trouble and in buisness. Do a search this subject is brought up alot on here.
    Eric

8. gunit

gunit Junior Member
    from CT

lol a 28 foot plow, that beets my 20 foot 250 with my "other big things"

HAHA

jk..snow jaw i kno what you mean, good luck to you!:salute: :waving: