1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Traverse City, MI

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Nlightning, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Nlightning

Nlightning Junior Member

Hi Guys, I just wanted to introduce myself and share my rig. I'm Nate and I operate a successful mobile truck wash up here in Northern Michigan. Winters slow down for us washing wise and adding a winter only revenue stream made sence. for all the haters... Yes I have adequate insurance, yes I have plowing experience, and no I will not be working for $50 an hour.

Truck is a 2012 F-250 and the Boss 8'2" DTX was installed this morning.

Anyway Hi

2. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

welcome. nice truck and plow. theres a lot of great info on this site if you need it, good luck this winter :salute:
  3. Nlightning

Nlightning Junior Member

Thanks, That's why I figured I'd get on here. not many people to help in the middle of the night when something goes wrong.
  4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that's a clean setup.

will you be doing residential or commercial? your own contracts or subbing?

first order of business, while that truck is new get it undercoated if you plant on keeping it. Fluid Film the door sills and seems and as much of the under side as possible. Finally add a pair of LED work lights, no less than 500 Lumen each!!
  5. Nlightning

Nlightning Junior Member

Yeah, I have been really thinking hard on what I want to do to protect the uc. It certainly helps this truck gets washed daily, sometimes 2-3 times per day in the winter (its what we do after all.) Part of our wash process includes salt neutralization. What is fluid film? I've never heard of it.

I have the back up lights just haven't gotten so far as putting them on yet.

I have about a dozen residents I am plowing for myself and a handful of contractors wanting to sub me out on there commercial routes. I went with the V plow for our shop which I have about an acres of parking lot.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

7. Nlightning

Nlightning Junior Member

haha no but that was big news last week