1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Plowsite.com newbie in West MI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Fast Eddie, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Junior Member

Hello All!

I got tipped off to this forum from a friend of mine. Thought I would take a look.

I used to run with my own truck several years ago when I was a builder. I learned how to plow from the legendary John Mast. I have an office job now, and for the last several years I have helped out a builder friend of mine when he needed me. I am now running a residental route on an interm basis with Kevin Rosendall. It is so great to be back in the saddle again! Also, this is the first time I have done driveways. I always did small commercial gigs. I am driving the typical West Michigan driveway setup. Dodge 1/2 ton with front and rear blades and pump hydraulics. What a blast! It is so nice to drive this setup. Fast, reliable, fun. 110 driveways in 4 hours. Not too bad, huh?

Anyways, glad to be back.
  2. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Junior Member

Hmmmm. 5 hours and no reply? Maybe everyone is getting ready to go out tonight.
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats awesome. I was in kalamazoo lastweekend, going to wmu next year. This is my first year plowing and I love it, were sopossed to get 4-7" here in metro detroit, but for you guys thats nothing over there.
  4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Welcome...110 driveways in 4 hours.. Holly 5hit! thats fast.
  5. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Welcome aboard Eddie. you must be rolling in the payup . 110 drive ways in 4 hours.:salute:
  6. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Junior Member

Thanks guys. Actually I am driving a truck for someone else. But, he has to deal with all of the maintenance, insurance, contracts, complaints (not on my route!) etc. But, if I still enjoy it by the end of the season, I may be shopping for another truck.

We had 8" last night. Took me 5 hours. But, it was still fun. What is the avg. for approx 100 driveways? I thought I was a little slow. I'm still looking at the route sheet from time to time. I got most of the route memorized now.

The area I plow in was developed in the 40's, so the driveways are narrow and short. Plus, I do upwards of 50% of the houses on some blocks. Less travel=more production.

An elderly client came out and gave me a gift certificate to Applebees for doing a good job. That made my night!