1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello From Michigan!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 7tcutty, Oct 9, 2005.

1. 7tcutty

7tcutty Junior Member

hi all :waving:

im the noob here name is karl im gonna do some plowing this year never done it before but i finally got the truck ive always wanted.. :redbounce

1986 chevy 1/2t 350/700r long box . the truck was set up for work runs good trans works awesome (an earlier owner used the AC condenser for a trans cooler and it works real nice! dual tanks also

i have a 7.5 fisher olds school conventional mount with a fenderwell mounted pump SEH. and joystick
    I installed all my self after taking off another truck (PITA btw) truck is getting overload lift springs installed looking for 4.10 gears and a posi or lockright for the rear end i run 265-75-16 tires on 16x8 alum rims LR "D" and and going to buy a tailgate salter also .. i think that about it oh im a OLDSMOBILE GUY also

ive still only got well under a grand wraped up in this truck and im building it to be a beast + play offroad in the summer a little bit ..

so there you have it ive been reading a few threads and i like the general aura of the site everyone seems really nice
    ive got tons of questions

they will come later :drinkup:
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

welcome, noob :p It sounds like you have your rig all figured out, but do you have any accounts yet? Are you sure you need the salter this year? Lastly, make sure you get yourself covered with plowing insurance. Have lots of fun, I know I do.
  3. 7tcutty

7tcutty Junior Member

thaks grn

about this insurance can i get it from my regualr ins company i dont have any acct yet i only really want a few maybe 5 as its just me and only me doing all the work. i would like to do some residential stuff and will by picking up a little bigger snowblower for that. as far as the salter i dont know if i need it but if i can pick up a few bigger accts it will come in handy im sure. i do know they charge up the buttt for that up here..

my plans are to string this into some spring time work ..
  4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Welcome. :waving: Enjoy your experience.
  5. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Hey 7tcutty I'm from lansing as well. Good to see sombody in the niegborhood.
  6. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Hi. Iam TOM I am just getting started this year to.:waving:

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

good luck this year and happy plowing.
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hello, Welcome, and good luck this coming season..
  9. 7tcutty

7tcutty Junior Member

hello everyone

hey fulltiltwill

where do you get your salt from ?
  10. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Andersons out in Weberville