1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Kokomo IN.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by artfull dodger, Dec 12, 2014.

1. artfull dodger

artfull dodger Junior Member
    from Kokomo

Hello everybody. Just bought my first plow truck and figured I better join up and learn something. I work as the head technician for a local outdoor power equipment dealer who also sells Boss snow plows and we do snow removal and sidewalk clearing both as subs and under our own company. I have been the side walk guy so far this year. But working out of the back of a Dodge Minivan was far from ideal. I finaly sold the van and bought an old W250 Dodge that came with a Western straight blade (not installed yet) along with brand new lights for the head unit and the cable control joy stick. I wont be on for to much in the way of lot clearing this year, unless we get hammered by a big storm. But it will be easier to work my sidewalk clearing. I hope to get started on installing the blade this week at work. Need to do a full tune up on the old 318 V8 first. I am hunting for a back rack to mount on the bed as I haul stuff and it will give me a place for my quad flash Ecco strobe. I will post up some pics once I get some taken of my new truck. Mike