1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Big Lake Alaska

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Ginger, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Ginger

Ginger Junior Member
    from Alaska

Wanted to introduce myself and tell you why I now have a Blizzard Plow. I could say prayer or the lottery or I'm a thief but the only truth is I prayed that some day we would have one at our home. Actually my son was felt I was too old to be plowing in -30 degree weather in our 1946 Willys Jeep. I told him I enjoyed it, good music, good fuel economy and his crazy red heeler. Anyhow he purchased a plow that weighs nearly as much as my jeep and brought it home two days prior to heading to the North Slope to operate a Steiger with tracks until mid March. The down side of this is I cannot get the wings figured out. So let me describe this thing, weighs nearly 800+ pounds and has wings that extend and what I call CUP Forward. I was able to get the wings to extend then cup forward then back out and retract. That all stopped when I brought it into our garage. The wings will only extend out and back into the blade itself. What am I doing wrong or should I stick with my old faith-full jeep that has not let me down for the past 18 years. I got my suspenders on so let me have it...... Thanks everyone for reading this! Does it help if I tell you I am a Hockey Fan?

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome You should post in the blizzard plow forum. You might have a better chance of getting this read in there . There are lots of guys on here that will help. I run fisher so I can"t help with that brand,

3. PushnSnow

PushnSnow Junior Member

You should just have to hold the button extending them out. Once it hits the stop, they should cup forward with the button still pressed.

4. PushnSnow

PushnSnow Junior Member

If you continue to have problems, let me know. I have a friend in Big Lake with a blizzard plow that used to be a dealer for them there. He might be able to help you out.

5. Ginger

Ginger Junior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks I just tried that a couple times but no luck on getting it to cup. Please share my email with him. ybpops@yahoo.com

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Do you have a gravel driveway? If so, there could be something lodged in there that's preventing the wings from cupping forward. Possibly some Ice build up??? Will having it in the garage thaw it out, or is garage cold to? Just some guesses before you dive in to far looking for a solution.

7. Ginger

Ginger Junior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks for the heads up on where to post my issues. I will try again, don't know where I made the mistake.

8. Ginger

Ginger Junior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks for the ideas. I found that part numbers B61618 and B61593 are missing. going to pick them up in an hour. On a side note I see your a Hockey Fan! If you get a moment check out the Alaska Aces of the ECHL we are playing the Stockton Thunder tonight. We have several NHL players from Alaska that decided to come home to play during the lockout. Thanks again

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Glad you found the problem.

I really wish those players were... playing in the NHL!!!!:cry: Good luck to your team.Thumbs Up