1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from a Snow Noob..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnoSpike, Sep 29, 2004.

1. SnoSpike

SnoSpike Junior Member

Just in the process of moving from San Diego to Coeur d'Alene. I've never been in snow before. Just bought me a F250 Super Crew, and am researching a plow for the front end. I'll be doing lots of reading to figure this all out, and I know I'll ask a lot of noob questions :)

So Hi!

Jeff

mytruck.jpg

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Nice truck, there. Have fun getting used to snow. Just remember, it's slick. Easier to drive in it than walk in it.

Don't worry about the questions. Ask away.

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite. Got to love those Super Duty Fords. Ask all the questions you want. :waving: BOAST

4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Snospike -

Welcome and by the way, nice Super Duty! Is that a long bed?

Rick

5. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Welcome to plowsite Snospike.

Nice looking truck. You will find all the information you could possibly need from the good people here.

This is a very helpful and informed group of operators etc.

Bruce

6. SnoSpike

SnoSpike Junior Member

Ack.. the photo was supposed to be a link :)
    My plowing will consist of my driveway and plow-sharing the private road we will be on, so nothing too heavy duty I should think. But then again what do I know about snow :) In some ways I think I want the plow 'just cause' :cool:

The bed is the 6'8" one which I think is classified as the long bed. Wife said I need the super crew (something about having to take my family with me places *shrug* ) and I was going to buy a 150, but ended up with a 250 when I hit the dealer :). Price was just too good to pass up, and it had the option package I wanted plus I didn't like the short beds on the 150s. So I haven't fully had time to figure out what I exactly bought
    Just got done moving my family up, I'm still in SoCal for the time being. So my wife tells me everyday how nice a truck I have lol..

anyways I ramble...

Thanks for the welcome..

Jeff

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah nice truck i was thinking of a 05 f350 diesel :drinkup: