1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by EurekaJC, Jun 17, 2015.

1. EurekaJC

EurekaJC Sponsor
    from 94080

Hello Plowsite!

My name is James and I work for fluid film. I am looking to re-establish our presence on this forum and be available for any questions. I look forward to interacting with all of you!ussmileyflag
  2. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

Welcome, I myself have been away from this forum for a few years. I am looking to undercoat my 2012 Silverado with something to prevent rust. They use some nasty liquid salt mixture on the roads and the last few years it is doing a number on our trucks and cars in Connecticut. i just don't want to use this product and half way thru then winter there is nothing left on the truck
  3. EurekaJC

EurekaJC Sponsor
    from 94080

It really depends on how often you wash the belly of your truck and with what. our product will stay on if you use a garden hose, it will take a few washes to get it off with a power washer, and if you use a heated power washer or detergents it may come off much quicker. Most people like to do it before the season and once after the season. but we recommend you check on the product as every user has different results based off of conditions and what kind of salts and chemicals go on the road. if you would like more information just let me know or check out www.fluid-film.com
  4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I like Fluid film A lot, but I'm not really in the mood to spray the underside of my truck twice a year, so I had it done for me. It's a rubberized coating—kinda like a spray in truck liner. I have to go in for an inspection every other year and touch ups are free. They'll also warranty a part of it rusts.
    I used Vesco oil
    But Ziebart is another company that can do it.
  5. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Not impressed with the FF after just one season of use.

This year I am going with trans fluid mixed with diesel sprayed on with garden sprayer or deck sprayer.

Dad said ole farmer down by him does it this way with all his new trucks and the frames look like new even when the truck are wore out many years later.

Will see how this works on a rusted looking frame this season.
  6. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Junior Member

Northman - you work for one of those "Green" companies, don't you...
  7. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

:laughing: I think you can already tell that is a big NOT. :laughing::drinkup:
  8. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Would it be bad to spray fluid film on the undercarriage of my truck when it is wet from the rain???
  9. EurekaJC

EurekaJC Sponsor
    from 94080

Fluid film may be applied on a damp surface but we do not recommend wet. the dryer the better.

Thank you
  10. Joneill

Joneill Member

I am very happy with FF so far, i only sprayed the truck 3 days ago but it seems like great stuff. A friend wants to know if it can be thinned with anything so it doesn't go on so thick. I'm very happy how thick it is.
  11. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

I wish i could rent a fluid quality fluid film gun for a day instead of buying it....
  12. Joneill

Joneill Member

$30. For the gun was well worth it, and I'm sure I'll use it for a long time.
  13. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

The pro gun is the only way to go. We'll worth it
  14. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

the pro gun is around 80 dollars correct?
  15. Joneill

Joneill Member

Oh ok, i bought the 30$ one and it seems to work well.
  16. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I bought mine in package deal with several gallons of ff and a few aerosol cans
  17. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

I wanna know why the price jumped up 2 bucks a bottle. A can use to cost 9.99 now I went to auto zone and its 12.99! Crazy
  18. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Yup, Was just gonna post this. Price went up $3.00 a can in my area.
    That's freaking insane.
  19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like $3 to me.
  20. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Canadian distributer keeps it pretty high. Auto parts store in my area it is regularly $17/can with tax.
    I usually buy on sale at TSC for $10 and use it for electrical and touch ups.
    My Krown rust control undercoating guys do a good job and throw in a couple cans for touch ups.
    I like fluid film but unless they price comparably I second guess the purchase everytime I pick it up, that just poor marketing. Heck, spray cans or rust paint are cheaper...Good product though...