1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hello everyone,Western pump ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by smcunningham, Dec 26, 2006.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

New to site as of today....been on here few times before though ussaully on lawnsite .com
    I'm a 100% newbie at plowing for myself...I've plowed maybe 2-4 hours behind the wheel in the past.....3yrs.............

Heres my ? - I got a isarmatic lift control mark 3 power unit...from my buddy he had a block plate put on because he only used for the up/dwn...........my plow has power angle
    ............how much is going to run me to get the valve I need and anything else I might need........and what all do I need..........Any imfo will be greatly appreiciated

Any plowing tips welcome........i see alot of guys switching angle of plow during driving not plowing ............ overheating......cooling problems........????????

2. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

anybody

How about some tips

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like your pump is gonna be missing the valve block and the valve's for the angle. If you could find a used block/valve's somewhere their's no reason you couldn't swap it on. If you had to buy it all new I'd recommend just looking for another complete pump with the block and valves already on it, a used pump will be cheaper than a new valve block assembly.

5. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

thanks

thanks b&b for the imfo.......I can get a used myers pump for 400.00

6. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

thanks

thanks mcw landscaping theres alot use full tips on the link you suggested
    thanks again:waving:

7. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

if i were you id ebay another western cable op pump motor, and keep yours for spare parts....no one seems to want these cable op pumps, although theyre prolly the most trouble free units ive ever used, no freezing selonoids

ive seen them go in working cond. for as little as .01 to 100 bucks, of course theyre heavy and shipping will run you around 40 bucks most likely...

8. doh

doh Senior Member

Centeral Parts Wharehouse above has every thing you'll need.

Western cable pump 4 way valve body lists for $319.72 part #49020
    Wester electric pump valve body list for $574.24 part # 49265

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Give the boys at R+B steel in rockville a call 240 268 0860