1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello Blizzard, Goodbye Boss

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ff610, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Used my new Blizzard 8611LP today for the 1st time. I have to say I now have a lot of Boss plows for sale! The Blizzard is so much my productive compared to my VXT's. I hope they hold up, but so far I couldn't be happier!

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

They are time savers. Keep one Boss V in case of a big storm where you need to punch open lots, I've been there before.
    Glad to hear you like it, go easy with it.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Funny, I'm leaning the exact opposite... but it mostly has to do with the Canadian support we get. Blizzard parts are priced high here. It's a great productive plow but when it's down it's never a simple fix and never a part in stock. If you have a great dealer you will be happy.

4. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Yeah I'm gonna keep the one with the wings on it. My driver is attached to it too much!

5. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

A buddy of mine is a dealer, and he has 125k in parts in stock all the time, and a mechanic available at all times if we can't fix them ourselves.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

7. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

You have seen the light!wesport

You are right but the production you get out of them is well worth the cost and little extra time for maintenance. There are things you can do to upgrade the performance. First thing you do is weld on some Curbrunners they are expensive but to completely replace a cutting edge on the LP that is $600 so for $300 you will get a hell of a lot more life out of it and you will love being able to run the curbs with them.