1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello and need decision help!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by coppermoon L&D, Dec 6, 2008.

1. coppermoon L&D

coppermoon L&D Junior Member

I,m a new member so hello and thanks in advance.
    I have an oppurtunity to buy a 8' diamond plow off of a 96' f-350 and i want to put it on my 94' f-350 2wd. Is this a possible swap? And do you think i would have to have it professionally installed? Thanks. Josh

2. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

Don't plow with a 2wd.

3. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Yeah what he said :)

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Josh, welcome to Plow Site.

I'm not sure about getting a mount to fit that plow to your truck or not, but I'm sure it can be made to fit. The Real Pros will know more about it.

That part that I do know is that you can plow in 2-wheel drive if the conditions are perfect. Lots of weight in the bed between the wheel well and the tail gate and good tires. I plow in 2-wheel drive myself at times but when things go wrong like when you are pushing too much weight or wet snow and the truck starts going sideways or you get stuck, I just put it into 4-wheel drive and continue on.

Just start reading all the posts from other members and you will get a lot of information on this and any other question that you may have. You can use the Search button but I have found it next to useless. You have to know the exact words the Search function wants to see to get any information.

5. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yes, it is the same truck 92-98' actually I belive the 87-92 had the same frame as well, but I'm not positive on that part. You will be fine if it is a 2wd dually. If it isn't, find a different truck. JMO