1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello all First Post of Plowing Pics

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by BLC, Dec 22, 2008.

1. BLC

BLC Junior Member

Nothing special just a couple of shots cleaning my driveway. Yea I know the plow needs painting. Its the old style fisher belt drive hydraulic system. For $300 I couldn't complain.xysport

2. zuess253

zuess253 Junior Member

mine needs paint also. if it pushes snow who cares if it has paint on it or not and for that price wow! truck looks nice for its ago. nice pics
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

shoot, for $300 why not. that conventional fisher is the 1st plow i ever bought, no matter what it looks like itll get the job done.
  4. BLC

BLC Junior Member

Thanks guys for the positive comments.
  5. dan67

dan67 Member

belt pump

Had one of those belt driven hyd. and loved it no drain on the battery
  6. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

And with the power those belt drives had, it could get you out of a snowbank if you happened to get in to far.;)
  7. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

powerful and ridicusouly reliable!!
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same setup I used for 16 yrs. belt drive with a clutch.
  9. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Hi,On that belt drive subject.Does anyone know of someone ever trying to mount a pump where the ac was and drive it with the factory serpintine belt.The ac is shot on my truck anyway and just wondered if the flat belt would be strong enough to do the job.
  10. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

I know most plows now adays are electic drive ,but i have a nice self contained unit.It actually came off a older grain combine.They were tough as iron and have two double acting valves built into the tank/pump.My truck only has a single battery and I don't know if it would keep up to a heavy draw all day.
  11. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

old plow

Nice old Chevy too!!!! Happy New Year Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going out now to treat some lots and hopefully get a melt from the sun, we got an inch or 2 yesterday and 60mph winds last night. :drinkup:
  12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Thats a pretty truck i like the color
  13. BLC

BLC Junior Member

Thanks guys I have some more pics to post. I have to find my cord to download
    them off my camera. Happy New Year!!!!:jester:
  14. stillen

stillen Senior Member

i love the old chevies....
  15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats one heck of a price for that plow! That truck sits nice too even with the weight on the front
  16. Ram4045

Ram4045 Junior Member

Nice push, looks like some wet snow
  17. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice pics

i like the truck