1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hello All (Again!)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcgreen71, Feb 10, 2003.

1. mcgreen71

mcgreen71 Junior Member

Sorry to those of you who had written but my thread got "pulled"!

Anyways -- as I mentioned in my earlier posts, I am new to the site and can't believe it took this long for me to find a forum of fellow snow plow 'guys' (and girls). I own a reasonably large contracting business in Milwaukee, WI (where we have not had a 'plowable' snow event this whole year)! I run up to 16 trucks, when it snows, and use mostly Boss snow plows. I for reasons I can't mention, am also a factory trained Boss & Western technician and would be happy to help out the occaisional hard-to-troubleshoot problem as best as possible through the web. Also, through my connections, I get some interesting pieces of snow removal equipment to demo. I'll have to post some pics.

I've emailed with a few of you already and look forward to making some new friends in the business! If I can offer any advice, feel free to message me and I'll do my best to give a hand!

Now for those of you getting dumped on - please send some snow my way!!!

M C Green Services :waving:
  2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Mitch - First, welcome to plowsite!

As a fellow Midwesterner, I understand your frustration with mother nature! Unfortunately, I think the winter season has passed us by this year. :realmad: :mad: :rolleyes: :confused:

Chuck B.
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Mitch owns a shop that services Boss and Western plows, Code 3 lights and other products.

Mitch nothing wrong with listing items you sell/service. Just avoid conducting any sales on Plowsite. Please feel free to lend any technical support possible. Another opinion never hurts.

Again Welcome to Plowsite!
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Welcome aboard Mitch!

5. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Welcome Mitch nice to have another midwesterner things have really went down hill this winter has well cant understand whats happening with mich and wiscon this year for snow, one thing its nice to have fellow plowers just across the pond , also helps to have another homie to help remind all the east coast plowers , how lucky they are to be getting those big events some on here are saying there tired of it , any way welcome to plowsite
  6. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite!

"cant understand whats happening with mich and wiscon this year for snow,"
    El Nino! If you do a search you'll find some threads with links about it. Your area gets the effect of less moisture & warmer temps during an El Nino winter. Sorry! We usually don't have good winters during El Nino, but we've been on the lucky side of a cold jet, so we've had cold air to work with the many systems the El Nino has brought us in this area. In other El Nino winters we are usually on the warm side, and get mostly rain events.
  7. Welcome Aboard, Mitch!

Enjoy and post often!
  8. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Welcome to Plowsite, nice to have new members with technical info!

9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

10. Pickering snow removal

BRL i do read my friend has far has el nino is concerned please inform the experts the only thing we havent had is moisture, Warmer temps ??? say its been above freezing 1 day in jan its -10 right know and holding these temps the rest of the week , This weather trend has went on for three winters in midwest so i dont think its all el nino . Some of us here just havent had the same luck this year and are venting there frustration no need for you to try and make me feel dumb.
  11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Ummm... I don't see anywhere in my post that it is conveying this message: "no need for you to try and make me feel dumb". If you saw that somewhere in the post, I apologize for that. I was just trying to come up with an explanation, based on what I remember the Typical El Nino map looked like for your area. As I explained, my area is also supposed to have "above average temperatures" during El Nino years, which has certainly not been the case this time. I stand corrected. There are plenty of posts here from me venting frustrations about not getting snow in my area, which is usually the case compared to most here. In none of them was I having an attitude with those who were getting the snow. And I usually feel bad for those suffering through bad winters that seem to be the norm for here usually.
  12. Pickering snow removal

BRL i too am sorry for what may appeared has attidude its just pure frustration at this point , i only belive in weather patterns to a degree , I was just stating that if el-nino was to blame i wish he would take the cold with him, This year is alot diff i feel sorry for my own employees the econmy is horr the stock market stinks and the one buss a person would think is ression proof is being screwed up by what el-nino , bad luck or just plain fate.
    Its just not the lack of snow but also the fact that this is gonna carry over for lawncare , with the econmy going the way it is and the war drums beating who knows how many people will say this year will cut our own grass , so for me its many things on my mind. Iam glad for those of you that are getting snow iam not that petty it does however seem at times some post seem to be bragging a bit and for those of us who are not it just makes it a little harder to swallow enough said