1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hella MLB 100 light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by red dog, Dec 14, 2014.

1. red dog

red dog Junior Member

Picked up one (mag mount) for F250 crew cab.Bought it for ease of talking off roof when not in use.Haven't seen to many reviews but it is a powerful light for its size.Now I'm thinking it will look to small on truck so am going to return it for Whelen Century.The whelen is $40 cheaper.Anyone here rather the compacts over the 16 " bars.I have a new backrack installed so am leaning towards the Century in a permanent mount.What do folks here think of the Hella brand.I think the opinions of most here is what is drawing me to the Whelen brand.

2. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Can't help with the Hella brand but, I personally like the look of a larger "mini" bar. I found a 27" bar from 911 Rapid Response, super bright even in the day and it looks slick on my 2500. Best part was for a 27" bar it was cheaper than the 17" Whelen Responder.

Check out some of my photos and videos here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/joe-girouard/Cy52Z2

3. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

If I were you I'd go with Whelen, their century series seems to be very nice and affordable. I personally use a Whelen responder and it's light output it awesome and it's not even linear.