1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heir to the business

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Apr 15, 2002.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

It happened.

I am a father! Matthew Douglas Fry was born April 14, 2002 at 11:50PM.

Specs:
    Weight 8lbs. 5oz.
    Length 20.5"
    Perfect health

I will post some pics soon.

I already got him a set of Timberlands and a Carhart hat as well as a small fireman's uniform. Now to just teach him to operate the equipment.:)

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

That's great to hear!

Hey, don't forget the other item of equipment your young lad's going to need: Welding leathers and a shield! ;)

3. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Well, if I were ordering from the factory I'd have spec'd something a little heavier duty. You'll spend literally *years*, not to mention thousands of dollars, upgrading that unit before you can get any real productivity out of it. :D

Congratulations!

(Hint from a father of 5--Even after those years of upgrades you still won't be able to get him do *exactly* what you want him to. There's just something a little loose in the controls of that model...) ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2002
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Congratulations.....
    Another job well done.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Congratulations. Now you can start building up business with an eye to the future. All he'll need to do is manage accounts.

6. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Congrats!! As one who just had a special delivery last week, I am sure your smile is as wide as your plow blade.
    Best wishes to all.

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Congratulations!!! You are about to experience a whole different point of view of life. Best wishes.

8. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Congratulations, Being a Dad is great!!

9. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

CT18fireman

Congratulations !! Nothing better than having kidds, enjoy.

My boy Brody turned 2 on April 13, he already has his own hard hat so he can help dad. :D

10. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Congrats on a job well done!

Rick

11. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Congratulations,

The 2002 models are very high maintenance for the first few years, but worth every minute. With a little TLC, this one will provide many years of enjoyment.

At 8lbs, I would have to say you super sized that small Fry. :)

My son turns 18 this Saturday. Boy time really flies when you are having fun. Seems like just yesterday that I held him for the first time. I can still close my eyes and re-live the day he was born. :)

12. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Congratulations! Now you have someone to run the sander for you! :D

13. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Have you noticed that the plowers are having babies in the spring, and not in the fall? Tells you something about conception and the plowers life:p Congrats and enjoy. Maybe we should start a new forum just for birth announcements. HMM:confused:

14. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My "little guy" weighed in at 95 lbs today. He's 8&1/2 and I remember seeing him as a peanut in the first sonogram! He has 3 Matchbox Snowplows lined up on his dresser. He even helps me hang the Fisher (Minute mount my ***). He usually operates the blade when he's out with me. I have a hard time dropping him off as it gets late. He'd be out all night with me if he could. He distributes my fliers when he Trick-or-treats! The timing is usually good. The customers ask for him when I go collecting. You'll have a good buddy now,ENJOY, it goes fast!
    As for breeding season,this year was a bust in Staten Island for snow so......(not my house) but who knows.... :) :) :)