1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

height from ground (earth) to hole for plow mount

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Jan 28, 2015.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'm looking for the height the hole the plow mounts into off the ground.
    Since I bought a 9' blade the lift at full angle is too much, I'm not sure if my 8' blade is a little sloppier but I didn't notice the lift as bad with it.
    If anyone knows the height I would appreciate it. I'm going to have to add onto the blade mounts to get the proper set up.
    FWIW my plow is an old C9 or C8 , I have both for my truck.
    I also built my mount, it's no quick mount, it's the old fashioned way. Head gear stays on truck all winter and I just hitch and un hitch the blade.
    thanks,
    dave

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The "A" frame needs to as close to parallel with the ground when in straight position, this gives you even cutting edge wear and the "attack" angle is as it was designed to be.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

book calls for the truck side pins to be 11 1/2 to 12 inches off the ground, when on flat level pavement

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Don't think I have seen very many ez-classics sitting that high off the earth. :laughing:

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

what do you set them at?

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pretty much where every the truck sits. Will have to go out and measure my back up truck. That has a ez classic ST7.5 on it. I would be surprised if it was more than 8".

7. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

OK, thanks guys. Nothing I can do right now but if we get a warmer day I'll have to build something to go on the plow to lower it. If the ground is soft it gouges something awful. I knew my mount was up high but didn't realize it was that high. As I said, the 8' blade has more slop in the center pin than my 9' blade.
    Not sure if I mentioned it but I built the mount on the truck, that's why it's higher than normal.
    thanks again,
    dave