1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy springs for dodge 98 3500 diesel 4x4

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bigfoot1, Dec 7, 2006.

1. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

I have a1998 dodge 3500 quad cab diesel 4x4 dually with a 9ftHD fisher MM plow and want to get heavy springs for i.t I have read other posts and threads that give Part # s like 039, 047 so I called 3 dodge deallers and no one new what i was talking about They all said my truck has the strongest springs chrysler makes! Is this true? Where can I get after market springs that are beefier? Do I need Them I halve not lifted the plow yet and i have 2" steel spring pucks on the front? Thanx

2. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

As far as the front springs, you already do have the heaviest springs they make on the front which would be the # 47s . if you still want to get heavier then that, try finding a spring replacement shop ( the ones that take care of leaf aprings for trucks) and see if they can help you. You can also try installing timberns,they act as a extended bump stops but when you lift up the plow instead of the springs compressing the susp hits the timberin and helps hold it up which put less pressure on the spring. I have them on my 95 2500 and they work great. hope I was some help.

3. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

Thanks for the Info