1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy, nasty mess.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HALH VT, Apr 13, 2007.

1. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Last storm I was out sick with an infected tooth. I turned my buddy loose with a route sheet and told him " just get everything open, don't try to push back onto the lawns or widen anything very much". I was thinking that it would warm up and most of it would melt off.

Well we paid for that little piece of wisdom today. Not only had to push this nasty cr@p, but had to try to widen out where he had followed my instructions last time. These are all but one, gravel, or worse, drives, soft rough muddy etc.

I am going to have everything winged back one more time, If I don't this next storm will plug them all tight. Collecting for the last storms of the year is hard enough, but even harder if it looks like you plowed it with an A-bomb. Then if I wing everything and this next storm fizzles, I will catch a bunch of flak for winging.

I'm going to sleep now for a while and then go weld on my plow, I launched a trip spring on one of the last drives I did today, after that, the plow was mostly just floating over the snow and not pushing.