1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy duty trip springs

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by N3026Q, Nov 24, 2014.

1. N3026Q

N3026Q Junior Member

Hey I have a "MC" series 10' Fisher plow mounted on my back hoe. The two trip plates are constantly tripping and subsequently they get packed with dirt and debris and do not return. Is there any such thing as a heavy duty spring for them ?

2. LON

LON Senior Member

No HD springs. Are you still running 2 separate blades? They went to a single blade on the 10ft MC a while back.

3. N3026Q

N3026Q Junior Member

Yes It has two separate trip edges. Each has three springs on it. I have a camp on the Canadian border in NH and I use it to plow my driveway and parking area. After one side trips, it never fully retracts back to position which makes it lower and tends to "dig" in more and holds the other side up higher.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I am assuming you are plowing gravel, may want to consider shoes until ground is hard enough to plow without them.

5. N3026Q

N3026Q Junior Member

Yes I am. The ground freezes early and I do have the shoes on set as high as they will allow.