1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy Duty Spring Setup

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bcramblit, Sep 23, 2013.

1. bcramblit

bcramblit Member

For a 1994-2012 Dodge Ram 2500/3500
    I have heavy duty front coils for the Dodge trucks.
    Part #1217 From Stengal Bros.
    These are rated at 1000lbs over stock, with about 2'' lift.

I also have add a leaf for the rear leaf springs
    These raise the rear about 2 1/2'' by just slipping these leafs under yours.

I have a 9'6'' Xtreme V with a 3/4'' X 8'' custom cutting edge, and deflector which makes the plow just under 1200lbs. I had 1400lbs of sand at the tailgate for ballast. These springs held that plow perfect. I could Baja across hard packed roads with no problem. It was a world of difference with these springs. I ran 4 years with the stock springs and this plow setup and I would cringe at every bump and rail crossing. I bought these and it was like a new truck. Except for the rust and all the problems that popped up at the end of the year. Then I parted out the truck and replaced it. So I have these for sale, and they were only used in the 2012/2013 season. Almost new!!
    (The truck was a 95' Cummins and made me lots of money! I miss it!)

Both coils and both leafs for $250.00 +SH

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg