1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy duty shocks and springs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, May 10, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I've decided Im going to put a 7 1/2 western or blizzard plow on my Dodge Ram 1500. If I put heavy duty shocks and springs how much better would it carry the plow and be on the front end parts? Im only plowing driveways and plan on droping the plow whenever its not snowing.
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Search for other postings on this topic- it has been covered several times.

Timbrens would be a better solution IMO- cheaper to accomplish the same thing. BUT make sure you have snowplow prep package and check with the dealer- there has been some talk that DC will void all 1500's warranties with plows.
  3. danno

danno Senior Member

What year ram?
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

2004. I've looked at timbrens but was wondering if Heavier spring would be better.
  5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

04 has torsion bars so crank them a couple turns and put on a set of timbrens.