1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heavy duty fan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 1, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

any of you guys put HD or bigger intake fans behind the grilles on your truck...when i have the plow on the truck it sounds like its trying to pull in air but can't pull in as much...

2. bigredwood

bigredwood Junior Member

Not sure you can put a bigger fan, but I did replace the fan clutch to the super duty, heavy duty, extra duty model. Different places were calling it different things. This was on a 2002 Chevy 2500HD Extended cab. Keeps coolant temps around 10 degrees lower. Easy to do.

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

There's a service bulliten on some HD trucks. 02+ i believe. I just brought my truck to the dealer and told them when i carried a plow it overheats (even though it didn't), and they replaced it to a heavier duty fan clutch or something.

4. joe b

joe b Junior Member

Service bulletin # TSB 04-06-02-006
    Fan clutch PN 22149894

5. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

4th fan clutch

Personnally I am not happy about the 4th fan replacement early this summer. I think its rediculous. As far as HD fans, yeh right. I have an 04 2500HD. The last time I had it replaced it was a diagnostic from an engine light that caught it. All the others were because of overheating etc. I don't even work my truck hard.