1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy duty coils springs

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by condo plow, Sep 24, 2014.

1. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

anyone using heavy duty snowplow coil spring from tuftruck?

Part Make Model Year Rating

TTC-1210 Dodge Ram 1500 Rear 09 – 13 25% +
    TTC-1210L Dodge Ram 1500 Rear 09 – 13 10% + 2″ Rear Lowering Coils
    with KYB Shocks
    TTC-1213 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 94 – 13 2-1/2″ Leveling Coil
    TTC-1215 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 94 – 13 Heavy Duty
    TTC-1216 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 94 – 13 5000 LBS 2-1/2" Lift
    TTC-1217 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 94 – 13 Heavy Duty
    Standard Ride Height
    TTC-1223 Dodge Ram 1500 Rear 09 – 13 50% +
    Note: Recommended for vehicles with a constant load.
    TTC-1223V Dodge Ram 1500
    Variable Rate Rear Coils 09 – 13 Heavy Duty Rear Variable Rate

TTC-2813 Ford P.U. F250/350 Super Duty 05 – 13 3750 LBS 2-1/2" Lift
    TTC-2829 Ford P.U. F350/450/550/ Super Duty 05 – 13 5060 LBS 1" Lift
    TTC-2816 Ford P.U. F350/450/550/ Super Duty 05 – 13 7700 LBS 2-1/2" Lift

2. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

I installed the TTC-1216 on my 2000 dodge ram 2500 4x4
    I haven't installed coil springs for about 23 years I look up on you tube how to change coils on my truck boy did they lie and stretch how to do this. I just raised my truck on jack stands and removed the tires, shocks that's it....I did use a coil spring compress tool from auto zone. I will post pics of truck tomorrow. :mechanic::mechanic:

image.jpg

3. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Here is the difference in stock springs ( about 1700 lbs per coil) and TTC-1216 5000 lbs per coil

image.jpg

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I ran those on my early Dodges as well. Loved them. Got a set for my 08 a while back but haven't installed yet.

5. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

I run the 1216 on my '01 and they are perfect! Very easy to install too.

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

What did the 1216's run? anyone get the 1217's ? (xtra heavy duty)

7. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

Anyone know of any of these fit a 2014 2500?

8. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the difference between the 1215 and the 1217? They both say heavy duty

9. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

I just put the Dodge factory springs part # ending in 988 on my 03 and it ended up being level front to back. They are the heaviest Dodge has. Haven't put plow on yet... They are thicker but shorter than what came out, but once in it raised front. So far, I like them. Don't know what they are rated.

10. CornerStoneProp

2014 doesn't have a 988 spring.. The front is completely different on the 2013+ and not much for upgrades I can find...

11. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

I understand about the different frontend and I understand if the 988's don't fit your truck... but, don't only take the dealer word for what works and what doesn't. Dealer had me sign something saying the springs I bought for the vin I gave them (my vin) will not fit the truck and are not returnable. They said they aren't for my vin and are a drivers side, and did I really want one 988 and one of the passenger side matching spring. (Dodge puts a heavier spring under the drivers side for driver and fuel tank, or did back in the third gen days.)
    Other people on this list used them and love them.
    There may be other springs that even the dealer has that are for... maybe a 4500 or something or even another 2500 but with different options that may fit what you are looking for.
    Remember, springs are for ride height, shocks for bounce control. (to a point) :D

Have you measured the springs around and height to find anything matching?
    Maybe a local spring company can make you something? I did that years ago for a import truck...
    good luck.

12. CornerStoneProp

I have not but already have the 6000 lb front end, it just sags a lot with the v plow on it. They did list a ton of part numbers and none are ***988. As for a measurement, no I have not.

13. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I'm installing the TTC-2816s on my 05 F350 4WD SRW tomorrow...Holy cow are these springs HUGE

I'll post pics if I remember ;)

14. flyingfinn73

flyingfinn73 Junior Member

Just bought a set of the 1216s along with a pair of Bilstein 5100s for my 07 Dodge with 9'2" Boss PolyV. For anyone who's put these on their 3rd gen dodges, did you install an adjustable track bar at the same time and either way, did anyone have issues with the infamous Death Wobble after install?

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You shouldn't need an adjustable track bar for such a small lift.

DW comes from a worn track bar.

hint:
    if you remove your swaybar links and remove your calipers you won't need a spring compressor.

I just needed to remove the sway-bar links and I had enough room to just slide them in

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  16. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Put a chain through the old coil to keep it from flying out when you take the weight off it. If not using a spring compressor

17. flyingfinn73

18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

There is no need to use a chain it won't come "flying out.

Just support the truck by the frame on some jack stands.

Then lift the axle with a floor jack just a little to compress the spring a little and to support the axle.
    Remove the lower shock bolt(each side), loosen or remove the sway bar links, and possibly the calipers too.
    then lower the axle, and remove the springs.
    they will not fly out as they will have no stored energy and the shock is still in the way...... You'll have to snake them (the spring)down and away to get them out.
    no chain or spring compressor is needed.

i've dome it this way a few times times

What year again?
    the "new" style of track bar like in the 08 and up are easily replaced, with a little thought, but they don't last long.
    The replacement bushings are 2 pieces and they are not supported by the narrow track bar ends.
    I have a set of new bushings if someone wants them.
    I got a new track bar instead and I found out that it's not recommended to rebuild the 08's and up..

I'd run it until it starts to drive drunk, ;)
    (it starts to wonder before DW )

a small lift from just adding 2" posibely3"
    I think the stock bar is fine and I have never gotten an ADJ bar for such a small lift.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  19. flyingfinn73

20. flyingfinn73

Got new springs and shocks in no trouble. Didn't have to pull calipers at all. Only thing out of ordinary is had to take tie rod off pass side to access lower shock bolt. Coils themselves same height, but it raised front end almost exactly 3". Just a beefier coil. Impressed with the way it rides compared to before even without plow on.