1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heavier Front Coils for 2010 Ram 2500?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MIfarmer, Oct 7, 2012.

1. MIfarmer

MIfarmer Junior Member
    from N MI

Im new to plowsite but have read many posts. Im looking at beefing up the front end in my 2010 Ram 2500 reg cab long box hemi. i carry a 9.2 boss v and have some issues with clearance and front end sag. Looking to get a higher rate spring for the front and gain 2-2.5"of level. Any experience or photos would be helpful. Im not looking to jack it out of wack but definately need to beef it up. Thanks
  2. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Assuming you already have the plow prep option package (stiffer springs in front) on your truck you could order a set of springs from Dodge that are used in the diesels. These will be stiffer and give you less sag with the plow. Unloaded will be rougher riding but everthing is a trade off. As for leveling the front just get a decent level kit and install when swapping springs.
  3. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

x2 on the diesel coil springs. or you could get a set of timbrens or equivelent.
  4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

If you get dodge springs, I would recommend getting the lightest diesel springs. I don't recall the entire number, but the heaviest ones end in 988. The lower the number, the lighter the rate. Dodge even goes as far as to put one number heavier on the driver side to compensate for the fuel tank. The lighter rate come on reg cab with low options. Longer, heavier trucks get higher number( rate) springs. Plow prep gets a heavier spring, but in proportion to truck weight. Remember ; the last 3 numbers indicate the stiffness of the spring.
  5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Check out lorenz industries they have good springs.
  6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I put a set of super coils on my 2006 Cummins last winter. I was wanting to eliminate the front end sad and also level out the truck. I was able to accomplish both with the super coils. Just my .02
  7. MIfarmer

MIfarmer Junior Member
    from N MI

thanks for the advice. My truck does have the plow prep pkg but I am not impressed with the springs when the plow is hanging off the front.... she moans. I would prefer to do this once and do it right. I would prefer springs over spacers and timberens. Definately not against the diesel springs... curious how much carli coils or pure performance coils would lift the front of my pickup. I guess I could always put a block in the back or something if needed? I have also looked at supercoils and tuftruck coils and not sure if 2600# will achieve what I need and 5000# maybe a bit too much. Would like to talk to someone who may be running some diesel coils in a hemi. Thanks
  8. MIfarmer

MIfarmer Junior Member
    from N MI

How much level did you get with your springs?