1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heating your cabs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtreem3d, Oct 22, 2007.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

what are some of you guys using to heat your cabs if it doesn't have factory heat? and how's it working out?
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You must mean in a skid steed. loader or TLB right?

I know of no trucks that do not come with factory heat.
  3. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I think on a Chevy heat is an option as well as a steering wheel! JK
  4. xtreem3d

yeah skid steer cabs
  5. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Our first Bobcat 443 vintage 1994 didn't come with a heater. We went to the auto parts supply and bought a generic heater core with a little fan and plumbed it into the rad system. You had to go to the back to turn it on and off. we'd turn it on in the fall and turn it off in the spring. Crude yes but it kept the operator from freezing to death
  6. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

We dont have heat for our loader either .Was wondering if those lil after market heaters were worth it. Plus we have no cab so i was gonna buy a pull over cab made of plastic.:cool:
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Just bought a cab/heat today for a Gehl 4640. It was $2600 installed. I thought that was a great price. I would never let my guys drive something without a cab and heat unless they are only out for an hour or two. I would rig something up, anything generic is fine (a heater core and fan)
  8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

9. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I got my heater for Sims Cab Depot, do not like the way it is designed to installed, but it does put out good heat

10. xtreem3d

is that link working for you? googled a bunch but none work, are they still in business?
  11. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

if youre wondering about those 300w cigarette lighter ones, no they dont work.....theyre made to not blow a 15amp cig. lighter fuse, so they dont have much to put out, theyre like a hair dryer on "cold"

best thing is those aftermarket boxes yu plumb into the machines coolant system everyones talkin about, any kind of electric one isnt gonna be able to put out

i wonder what it would cost for one of those 2000w power inverters and a 1300w ceramic reddy heater haha

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

jc whitney