1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heating up

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rickbays, Nov 26, 2008.

1. rickbays

rickbays Member

Ive got a 99 dodge 2500 cummins. I just put a boss 8.2 v. I was out plowing for the 1st time with it today. The truck normally runs a temp about 190. Today when i was plowing it was about 220. Thats not over heating but not fair from it. The coolant leval is fine also. Do I need to add a dual eletric fan?

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

this is when your plowing and not driving down the hiway right? i know u said plowin but im just checkin that your now plowin a drive then drive a good way to plow another and such....

i dont have enough knowledge about the flex a lite to know if it would be better or not. someone will chim in in a min im sure.

3. rickbays

rickbays Member

The truck was at just a hair above of the normal temp when I started plowing a parking lot. It was the 1st one of the day. The lot is a decent size. I plowed it in about an hour with my boss v. I didnt drive the truck over 35 mph to get to the lot. The snow was only 2 inches.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  4. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

When was the last time the radiator was Cleaned? They Can get gummed up very easly especailly if the crank case vent has not been relocated. give it a good pressure washing and maybe a coolant flush and see if that helps.