1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heater

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by HOLLYWOOD, Dec 30, 2003.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

I have a 94 F150 with the 302 motor. I'm not getting any heat from the heater. I tried a new thermostat ran the heater an bled the lines.still no heat. I dont smell the coil and its not leaking in the interior

Any ideas or help thanks

2. SNOWPIMP

SNOWPIMP Member

Sounds pluged up pull off the 2 hoses inlet and outlet and flush it with a garden house or pressure washer! Usually I just go to the junkyard and buy a old school bus heater for $50 they seem to work too good which is how I like it !

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

when the engine is warmed up how do the hoses feel
    are both warm ,both hot
    give more info
    john

4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

My friend had this problem. It ended up being a pen stuck in the flapper door, letting cold air in all the time. I cost him $500 for a mechanic to take everything apart and figure out it was a pen. We guessed that it fell through teh defroster vent on the dash.

5. KIOTR

KIOTR Junior Member

I had that happen once with my old truck. Brought
    it to a mechanic and come to find out the new
    thermostat I had put in was also bad. He told me
    not to buy any made by stant--said they are garbage.
    I'm not saying thats your problem but it is possible to
    get a bad new thermostat. Good Luck!

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you have A/C you have hot water to the heater coil all the time. The vacuum controlled door in the heat A/C system controls what you get. The hoses should be hot. If they are not follow the hoses to the engine, see if there is a valve in the hose that's not working. Look for vacuum lines off under the hood. Listen for vacuum leaks under the dash. Change the heat to air, defrost etc see if you hear the vacuum controlled door close or open. All else fails see if the heater coils clogged with stuff. When the trucks at the right temp you should not be able to hold your hand on the upper radiator hose for long, it's way too hot.

7. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

Thank you for all the replys. The problems was a pen was blocking the a/c door from closing all the way . After flushing the system and a new thermostat it was a cheap pen ....

Thanks again it's nice to be warm

8. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

Thanks jalawn