1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heater question for skid steer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 129, Nov 7, 2007.

1. 129

129 Junior Member

I just recently purchased a ASV RC-30 with a open cab. Looking at the prices the dealer is asking for a cab, I'm looking into enclosing the cab myself. My question is with a heater. Do I hook up a heater through the cooling system, or do I use a electric heater? Any ideas out there would be of great help:confused:
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

you can do either. on my bobcat i'm going to install the factory heat by plugging into the coolant lines. alot ( not all) of the electric heaters i understand are not enough to do an effective job of heating and defrosting that's why i opted for factory heat, kind of pricey @ 1500.00 though,
    Ground Effects LLC
  3. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Definitely through the coolant system, after market from auto supply shops. Be prepared to get creative with soldering and 5/8"coolant lines. a small fan on the heater is a must. Plumb it so it can go directly from the engine through the heater before getting to the rad, and build in a bypass to shut the flow off to the heater and allow it to flow directly to the rad, for summer use.
  4. 129

129 Junior Member

skid steer heater

Thanks for the tips! I'll look into a after market heater. I'll post a quick note when its done! Thanks again:salute: