1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bmh1202, Dec 15, 2005.

1. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

My wife has a '96 s-10 blazer. The heater doesn't want to work all the ime. Most of the time when you turn the switch, nothing happens. Then suddenly the blower will kick on. Any suggestions before I commit to a major shop visit?
  2. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

I found this on another site regarding the same issue.

The blower motor itself would be a good guess, but there is a resistor pack, two relays, and a switch and controller that could also be the problem.
    Next time it is turned on but not running, find the motor, and see if there is power to the wire to it...probably a purple wire.
    Some of the S models, in order to replace the resistor pack, you need to cut a section of the blower housing out, so a manual with a cutting diagram is a must, and it will give you a troubleshooting proceedure also.
    You can read one at the public library, in the refference section. "
  3. Its the resistor pack, they keep it in stock at the dealerships due to major problems with them burning up. :dizzy: