1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by topher4519, Jan 18, 2005.

1. topher4519

topher4519 Junior Member

I have a 1998 Dodge Dakota 4x4. Last night I noticed that the truck wasn't getting very warm. The Engine temp was just over the 130 line so my guess is around 150 deg. I just replaced the Thermostat (190 deg) this summer when I replaced the Water pump. I don't know what the problem is?

Thanks,
    Christopher

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

1st is to check to make sure the radiator is full, next backflush the heater core, then if nothing else change the thermostat again just because it's new doesn't mean it's good.

3. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I second that.

I have been burned on that also. before I install a thermostat I put it in a pan of water on the stove and watch it open and close then intsall it.

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Start the the truck and warm it up. Then start to feel the hoses if any of the hoses feels cold and the others are warm. If so start looking at the cold spots. Id be willing to bet the heater core is plugged but check everything out first before throwing parts at the prob...Rob