1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater Ghost!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Drottlawn, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Another problem my f250 has is the heat. I usually have it set on floor/defroster. Every once in a while it will go directly to defroster without me touching anything and then it goes back to normal. I have a feeling it is a vacuum problem? It only happens when I am driving. It varies in different loads on the gas. This is why I think it is vacuum related. Any one know anything about this?

2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

do you have the auto locking hubs with the dash mounted 4wd switch? If so you could be leaking vacumn at the front hubs

3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

HHHMMM! Now that you say that, this is roughly when my problem started. I had a local shop replace the seals because the hubs weren't working. They work great now so I don't know if this could be it or not?
    It does it in two wheel drive all the time, so maybe they are not related. I think there is a switch to open the vaccum to the hubs when you switch it to 4x4. So in two wheel it won't matter if they are leaking. Right?

4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

if it does it in 2wd ,it is not related sorry only in 4x4.My next guess would be to start checking the vacuum lines under the hood as well as the vacuum reservoir as some of them can split and leak