1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater Core symptoms???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LB Landscaping, Sep 25, 2002.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

A buddy of mine thinks I might have a problem with my heater core. I have an 88 1 ton and I can smell anti freeze in the cab when I am driving, it can get pretty strong. What are the symptoms of a heater core gone bad?? Is it something I need to replace right away (if it is the core)???
  2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Do the windows fog up when you turn on the defrosters? Most times they will fog up and leave a film on the glass from the anti freeze.
    Sometimes antifreeze will leak into the cab too. can be a real mess on carpet.
    If you determine it is leaking, I wouldn't put it off too long.

Good luck
    Mark K
  3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I had one once that the hose clamp came loose on, yielding the same symptoms. Check that out first, an easy fix.
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks guys, its not leaking into the cab. I don't have carpet on the floor so it would be easy to see. I will check the connetctions today!!!