1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater blower

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikes plowing, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

Any one know how to get more speed out of a heater blower.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What model truck?

Low motor speed is usually due to a worn motor or a poor connection at the motor or resister assembly. Does the motor work on all speeds but it's just slow? Does it seem "noisy"?

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might even pull the motor out of it's housing and look inside the housing. I have found them full of leaf's and stuff. Blocking the air flow. Might make sure it does not have a cabin air filter. I have found them when owners did not even know they had them. If you have no high blower, the resister or relay could be toast. I had a Monti Carlo that had a bad junction plug in the wires leading to the motor.

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

In the summer I had a similar problem.
    It started out by the fast blowing speed not working then slowly went 4,3,2,1.
    My truck is an 06 and I had the warranty, it only took the dealership 15 minutes to fix (they told me 3 days over the phone, lol). So it couldn't have been to complicated if it only took 15 minutes to fix.

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

give it a red bull and a coulple of no-dose? ;)