1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater/AC fan stuck on

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by QuadRacer041, Jun 9, 2011.

1. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

I have an 06 2500 hd, today i went to raise the fan speed on my truck to high. After a little while I started to get a little cold so I went to slow the fan speed down and it wouldn't come down. I stayed stuck on high no matter what mode I tried to chage into, heat, defrost, ac, everything. Went I turn the system off all together the fan still stayed running. Even if I disconnect the battery then reconnect even with the system in the off mode the fan still comes on, I had to unplug the fan under the right side of the dash....What the heck could be wrong??????????

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Search "blower motor resistor" here and all your questions will be answered. Very common thing.

3. QuadRacer041

Did the search, thank you. I looked under the dash and found a 3 wire connector my colors are red purple and black, resistor looks like 1.5" x 3" would that be it?

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This is what you're after. Also be sure to check the connector for any signs of melting or burnt terminals as they are both also common. And if the connector needs replaced too it can be purchased as a pigtail at most parts stores or the dealer.

DSC01071 (Small).jpg

6. QuadRacer041

Ok, I look under my dash this morning and in the same location as the part you posted is what I believe to be my burnt out blower resistor. I call my auto parts store they say they have one so I go down there to pick it up. Well it doesnt look like the same part I have, it looks like the one in your picture. I had also reed on this site that it may be behind the glove box, so I empty my box and search and cant find anything that looks like the part in your picture behind my box. We look in all his books at the auto parts store, then finally we find the part that looks like mine, which is called THE BLOWER RESISTOR MODULE, different then just blower resistor.not only in name but in price, blower resistor=$25, blower resistor module=$135!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought it, installed it and all is good. Like is said it was mounted in the same place as the picture you posted but looks way different. Here is my way over priced part.

IMG00242-20110610-1850.jpg

IMG00243-20110610-1850.jpg

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like 06Sierra mentioned there's several different ones (five actually) depending on who built the HVAC system for GM and whether there's a center console or not but they're all located in the same location as the pic I posted on a GMT800 truck, they just don't appear all the same.

Good to hear you're all fixed up. :salute: