1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater A/C motor issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by greymare89, Jan 21, 2013.

1. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Last year I did a rookie install of a M2 3 plug on my 2003 Chev 2500 HD with used truck side parts. Within the first few minutes I had installed the setup I was driving down the road and saw a brief waff of smoke come from under the hood on the passenger side of my truck. The heater motor would make a "humming sound" when the blower is set at level 1 while the plow was hooked to the truck. Due to the lack of snow last year I never used the plow. I later replaced the blower motor resistor under the dash in the spring since levels 1,2,and 3 never worked. After replacing that part I went through the whole summer without an incident or hearing that "humming" sound again. Today I hooked the plow up for the first time since last winter and immediately heard noise from the heater motor once again. Has anyone experienced this problem, I don't see how the plow would have any effect on the trucks heat system.

Oh and additionally if I have the heat blasting while operating the plow I hear a signifigant drop in power from the blow motor when I operate the plow. I understand the plow draws alot of electric which might attribute to this but it just seems like its coincidental that I also have he other problem I just explained. Any help would be appreciated.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The only thing that could be related is where you installed the accessory wire....this is the red wire coming off the control harness just prior to the controller connector under the dash. Where did you install this?

3. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Repo thanks for answering. I looked in the fuse panel in the cab of the truck and I currently have it wired to a fuse labeled cruise on the diagram located on the back to the removable panel door. I have it wired there with a tap fuse if that makes any difference. Is there a standard fuse location for the accessory wire everyone seems to use, namely on my specific truck? Thanks again for your help.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

You could also take a test light look for a empty fuse location with key power on. Then use a quick disconnect terminal crimp it onto the inline fuse. I don't think I'd want to tap off the cruise control what sounds like you have now. Cant see how it effect the blower motor. Has to be something else wrong with the blower motor and nothing to do with the plow.

Inline Ato fuse holder

[​IMG]

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would think cruise control would work. I think there was a customer tap on mine...it's been awhile. Problem is, I can't see how the blower situation would be related. Definitely need to relocate it just to try and eliminate it permanently in my opinion. Use a test and try and locate another switched power source.

6. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm def going to try moving the accessory wire since having it on cruise prob. isn't the safest thing. Also I went into a little more depth on my problem under the Chevy Trucks forum on this site. If anyone has time please take a look at the post to see if it adds any insight to my problem. At this point I'm completely frustrated and at a loss. Thanks for taking the time to help guys its appreciated!!!!

My post is under 03 chev 2500 hd battery help