1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heater/ A.C. blower probs??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PTSolutions, Feb 24, 2008.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

My heat and ac dont work in speeds 1-3. only works on 4 and 5. What do you think could be the problem? Truck is a 02 silverado.

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Switch replaced

I have a 2003 2500 HD. SILVERADO and had to have my control switch replace it was doing the same thing as yours is. Took mine to a chev. dealer.
  3. dukeman1019me

dukeman1019me Junior Member

I had the same issue with my 05 colorado, it was caused by a faulty resitor / wiring harreness end. They had gotten loose and burned up one of the pins.

I could wiggle the wires attached to the blower houseing and it would start blowing on 1-3, it would then usually stop after a little bit, but was fine on 4. Replaced the parts ~$30 total and was all set.

I assume the silverados are different but might give ya a place to start looking.
  4. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

More than likely the fan resistor . It's located on the PS under the glove box mounted near the fan motor , small black box with a plug . Very common.