1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated Windshield Wipers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSB, Oct 2, 2008.

1. KSB

KSB Member

Hi Guys: Anyone have any experience using Everblades, heated windshield wipers. Are they worth the money?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

They work but you also need the heat strip along the bottom of the window for the best ice melting.
    Personally I don't think they are worth the money.

3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

never heard about them where did you find them ???? sounds like a good idea

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

just another thing to break , and money to waste - JMO

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ever use a set? You'd change your mind. ;)

6. elite1msmith

from chicago

ever have like 15 guys work for you that break every thing they think about using ... sometimes i dont think they have to even touch it ....lol

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice upgrade

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What do they cost?

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, I see they have prices on their site :waving:

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

My grandfather told me that guys said the same thing when power angle was adopted into the plow industry. That is until they used it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  11. elite1msmith

from chicago

possibly true but were does the lazyness stop these days? i use to spend money on all the little fun stuff like that, new trucks , plows, whatever..... Do more with less, is really how you make money thesedays... if you feel its a need , go for it , i think its a want... and its not required to plow snow -

BB i bet your grandpa gave you lots of advise, you should share some everyday .... we will call it "words of advise from grandpa BB"

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

"An optimist says the glass is half full...
    A pessimist says the glass is half empty..."
    I told them the glass is to big.

siht.....

no.

fcuk....

did i just hit....

.Submit reply...

damm

another post deleted....

13. elite1msmith

from chicago

lol........

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And neither is power angle, heat, power steering, delay wipers, satellite radio, or a 350 HP diesel in a light duty truck...but it all sure makes it easier doesn't it.

If you could equip your trucks to make them SAFER for those who were operating them as well as the on coming motorist would you do it? That oncoming motorist just may be one of your loved ones....or me, or even grandpa B&B. ;)

Moral of the story...don't dis something until you try it...no matter what it pertains too, you just might like it.

15. elite1msmith

from chicago

very good point -

16. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i didnt know my guys worked for you too!!??!

17. elite1msmith

from chicago

is it funny, how when you were a little guy , and did all the work your self, almost nothing broke... but hire ppl , and every thing breaks...ask them about it.. and all you get is :"i dont know"

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We stock them and people love them. I think they are excellent, I stick mine on when the weather gets cold, and then swap them for the stock wipers in the spring. sure beats trying to knock the icy build off loose. As indispensable to me anymore as heated mirrors and Down Pressure

19. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Everyday, I come put in the moring to check the trailers efore we head out for mowing, and there is ALWAYS somehting broken. I know things break, but what gets me upset, is that they will not TELL me it is broken, and then wait until I find it. Most of the time they fess up, but it is a pain when you have your day planned, and you have to take the time to fix the problems, when I could have been doing it the night before. I broke lots of things, but I always fixed them before the next wrok day.:drinkup:

Just the joys of being the boss

20. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Funny, I used to wonder who would use heated mirrors and now I wouldn't get a plow truck without them. What starts out to be an "extra" can very quickly turn into a valuable tool.

How durable do you find these wipers? I have looked into them before and loved the concept but thought they were a bit expensive.