1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated Windshield Element

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by captadamnj, Feb 19, 2011.

1. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Frostfighter 2620 full kit, brand new, retails for $58.95 + shipping (around $12 they charge), yours for $50, includes shipping to the lower 48.

Here is the link to the kit - http://frostfighter.com/prt2600spl.htm
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's pretty sweet, never saw those before. How come you didn't use it?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That is pretty cool. Is it made to fit a full size pick up or not?
  4. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

No problem on a full size p/u, was going to put it on my truck in sig. Length of the elements are 80", they reach from one end of the windshield wipers to the other no problem.

I installed a heated washer fluid system at the same time and it worked so well so far this season, that I'm not going to put these on. If I did install these, then I probably wouldn't need the heated fluid. I use a lot of fluid, but it works and I'm not taking the washer fluid system out now. So it was basically first come first served and the washer fluid system won. Now someone else can get these and save some $$. Do a search on the forum and you'll find some other happy customers of frost fighter along with some install tips.

New in box, ready to ship.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Its a good price, but with winter winding down, I am going to pass. Good luck with the sale.
  6. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

not to derail but who sells the heater for the wiper fluid?
  7. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

I purchased an Alpha Therm unit.

These elements are best installed on a warmer day, so now is still a good time to get it and install it and still get some use out of it, the season isn't over yet!