1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated tow mirrors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cjasonbr, Dec 3, 2007.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Last summer i picked up a pair of heated tow mirrors to replace the regular mirrors on my F250 XLT. I believe they were for a Yukon or something but i'm not sure. Anyways when i installed them they hooked right up (plug n play) and upon examination i could tell that every lead coming out of the mirror was met with one from the truck.

Well after all the ice today i start it up and those suckers scorched that ice off. You could see it melt from the middle out, lol.

Do you guys have heated mirrors on your trucks? How bout the ones that are the same model type as mine?

I just can't believe these work so flawlessy. Is there a thermal switch or something that controls them? anyone know?

These things rip if anyone's in the market for mirror - get heated!
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Factory mirrors are on all the time. Yours may be too. You can run a switch if you want to turn them off.
  3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

No kidding huh, on all the time? I figured they'd be on a thermal switch or something.
  4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

after plowing just one storm last year I went out and replaced my tow mirrors with the heated version. Its soooo nice now, and yes they are on all year round, thats the way the factory wires them.
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My 06 XLT cam with them. I thought all XLT's did. But yeah they are great, I will never plow without them again!
  6. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Mine didn't originally come with tow mirrors, it came with those small, dinky highway mirrors.

I'm pretty disappointed to here that they aren't switched or anything. I figured they'd be on a thermal switch. Why the hell would you want to be running heated mirrors 2/3 of the time?
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  7. stroker79

thats funny part, I have the lariat! I dont have heated seats (They are leather though) or the heated mirrors. My truck is an odd one, a 03 with the 7.3, first year of the FX4, color was only offered for one year and the heated seat and mirror deal. ahh well, love the truck!
  8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Heated seats are an easy conversion. $100 per seat for the kit and a couple of hours to install. I added heat to the rear bench seat on my play truck years ago for my daughter.
  9. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

My 08 F250 has a switch to turn the heated mirrors on. They don't work unless you hit the switch.
  10. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Love mine, wouldn't plow without them.
  11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

CJ, if you think those mirrors are good now.....WAIT till you coat them with Rain-X.....You can thank me later.....
  12. mirrors

Are heated mirrors a Ford product or Aftermkt?

Think they are available for older/95 Bronco style.

Tow mirrors -- dont recall seeing anything different then standard size

13. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

They are the two mirror, one large, one small, telescoping kind like this:

14. toast

toast Member

Are all the mirrors that style heated? Mine look like that, but dont heat.....I also have a lariat...should they heat?
  15. stroker79

I thought all Lariats had the heated mirrors as well until i bought mine. If they are heated there will be a little symbol on the outer corner on the top etched into the mirror surface.
  16. toast

toast Member

Ah, so I see!!
  17. snowthrower

snowthrower Junior Member

do you guys think that a set of 05 -07 heated tow mirrors would fit on a 99-04 f250?
  18. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

yes thry do. You might have to do somt wiring mods though.
  19. snowthrower

snowthrower Junior Member

awesome, i found some on partstrain.com, are there any other sites that would carry these, or could i go through the dealer?