1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heated seats

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ddb maine, Oct 15, 2010.

1. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Figured I would toss this up.

2004 f-350 lariat. The drivers side heated seat stopped working last winter. I read around today and came across a fix for it. First remove the seat cover this is typically done by prying off the front plastic bar, and the interior side smaller plastic bar. The cover will then peel up and the exterior side should slide down. this should give you enough space to see the heat mats underneath. Look for a burn mark. this is where the cable has burned through and broken. I cut the bad section, 1" or so, spliced in a strand of copper wire, taped it up, and now she's back to cooking biscuits. Not sure of the longevity of the fix, as I just did it today, but it's certainly a lot cheaper than new heat mats. the wire is very thin so when you are removing the insulator from the wire be very careful. It took me a few tries to strip the wire and not cut it.

just one to toss in the vault.

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

good to know i just got a trk with heated seats this summer. thanks for the tip

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

You should get an 2011 f350 lariat! Get a red one too!
    But good to know!