1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heated mirrors?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cameo89, Sep 27, 2009.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well I just picked up a very clean & beautiful 98 chevy 1500 last week, I was very pleased when I opened the hood I saw a 2nd spare battery tray, now I don't have to go search for one! but in years past all of my trucks have had heated mirrors and it is a MUST HAVE in the winter for plowing, at least for me, but my problem is that my new rig does not have them, so is it possible to buy a set of heated mirrors at a salvage/junk yard and install them on my truck with out tons of wiring and relays? I know I would have to install a power on/off switch, but is this possible? or if not is there a supplier out there that may carry some thing like this? Thanks for any & all help guys & gals :)
    Yon

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think these trucks came with heated mirrors from the factory. I saw some online a while ago, I'll have to see if I can find them again. It takes a while of patient searching, but they are out there.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

had a buddy try this a couple years back. he never got it to work. not saying that it is not possible, he just never got it right.

4. Racer593

Racer593 Member

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Chris. Thanks for the link. Have you ordered from these guys before? That price is as good as any I've seen.

6. Racer593

Racer593 Member

I've done some lowering kits from them. Real good bunch of people...know their stuff. I didn't look at all kits but I thought that link had a pretty good price...

Chris

7. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Thanks chris, this seems like a bood price, maybe this season if we get a good 1 I will order me a set! I hope it's a good season for me and all of you! :)

8. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

I've used stylin trucks for a number of things and have had nothing but good luck!