1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated Mirrors?????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Frozen001, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

So we had/are having our first Snow event, and my heated mirrors do not appear to be working... Well at least they are not melting any snow. Both sides do not appear to be working so I find it hard to believe that they both failed... anyone know if there is a fuse?? I checked the rear defroster fuse(since that is the buttont that turns them on) and that is good.
  2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

theres gotta be a fuse....i cant tell ya where it is though cause i couldnt afford the heated mirrors.:rolleyes: but i would bet the fuse is somewhere
  3. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Mirrors are working!

I have had heated mirrors on 2 different makes of trucks and I found they do not melt thick ice at all! If the glass is a little frosted over, they will melt it but if its thicker, its easier to just scrap it off and then let the mirror finish the job.I have had 2 drivers side mirrors fail so far on my 04 Silverado and next time it quits, it can stay that way! I use spray de-icer from Walmart or auto parts store to clear my mirrors and it leaves alittle film on the mirrors to keep them clear for a short time.