1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated Mirrors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chris-R, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I did a search on heated mirrors but haven't come up with what I'm looking for so here it goes. Currently, I don't have heated mirrors. I've never had them on any of my trucks. If I pull off my OEM non-heated mirrors and install heated mirrors, will I be happy? In other words, those of you who have plowed with both heated and un-heated mirrors, do you think it's worth adding heated mirrors? Thanks for the help.
  2. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Well I have had both,I enjoy the heated mirrors.It realy depends if you want to spend the money to do it...Also with heated mirrors you still need to remeber to push a button to begin the defrosting in advance...
  3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have some 04 OEM heated mirrors I am not using any more if you are interested. I loved them for plowing.
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

heated mirrors great

I love having my heated mirrors especially when plowing powder. I can't do without. Just need to figure out a way to have them come on without me needing to press the button...
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The heat is nice to keep the mirror surface dry--makes for a safer night.

I have a lighted/heated West Coast style set (ie: big rig) on my truck, and while they look kinda like a kid with big ears you can't beat 'em for visibilty... ;)
  6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Heated mirrors are the Cats A$$, my last truck and the new one have heated power mirrors LOVE EM. You wont regret installing the heated ones. Now I just need a rear window defroster and I will be set.
  7. Fastcar

Fastcar Member
    from MA

I have the same truck. Mine was a long horn and came with a rear window defroster and the heated mirrors, one switch does both. DC has them available.

8. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

CHRIS.................Check out the GM truck forums here.
    There is already a thread going on the GM heated mirrors.
  9. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

honestly i dont have mirrors on my trucks makes it hard to hug walls. found out first year riped them off at the napa parking lot, with much love of there loading ramp barriers.
  10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Now your talking.....
    You will love heated mirrors, as said above for powder theres nothing better.
  11. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I had heated mirrors on all my big trucks

I had heated lighted mirrors on all my big trucks,Cant beat them during our Nor Easters,heavy wet snow coming at you over an inch an hour,worth their weight in gold.
  12. derekbroerse

Maybe you just need a wider blade, and/or mirrors that fold in?

I don't know about your area, but a truck here wouldn't pass a safety inspection without mirrors. Easy for a cop to spot, too.
  13. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

dont pass the safty inspection here either i just found a nice set of mirrors im gonna put on. and yeah after that year i did get a bigger plow 9.5' just havt gotten around to gettin the mirrors back on.
  14. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I have them on my 2002 tahoe, they work well but they are very expensive!
  15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Heated mirrors are a must. The three options I think are a must for a truck are heated mirrors, power windows and power locks. Just can't reach the other side of the truck, especially with centre console.
  16. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

You forgot satellite radio, it was great to have when we (red sox nation) got slammed last january, 30" in 24 hours, then 2 days later we got another 10"
  17. derekbroerse

You get to listen to a radio while plowing? :jester: