1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heated mirrors?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by WOODY367, Sep 27, 2004.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have a 99 Yukon. I have to replace one of the mirrors. I want to know if I can put the factory heated mirrors on. Is the wirring harness there? if not can i get one so it is setup like the factory did? what parts or part# do I need? Thanks
  2. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I do not know the answer, and if no one else here does, a good reference site is TheDieselPage.com and search there...Lots of good Chevy truck info..

3. jebx

jebx Junior Member
    from MN

I am going to guess it is not there unless you already have power mirrors, then there is a chance. The issue becomes that more and more stuff is being controlled by the BCM using a shared data bus and will not funtion without the proper image/settings on the BCM.
  4. dzd9fy

dzd9fy Junior Member

I would check the gmupfitter.com website.
  5. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

I know the heated mirrors are on the same switch as the rear window defost. If you have that maybe the wire is there.